homestead - Re: [Homestead] End of the season okra

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] End of the season okra
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:03:51 -0400

So I just wanted to post this
to mainly all you other Southerners who may not have tried either of
these two ways of eating okra. It is so easy to grow, so prolific, and
now so easy to prepare...In years past, I haven't included okra every
year in the garden plan, but that will be changing. I just read that it
is high in fiber, Vit A and potassium, too, among other nutritional
attributes.

Raw Okra, hummmm. The deer around here like it that way and that many
deer can't be wrong! Now pickled okra is a real delicacy.

I have okra in my garden plan for next year, just closer to the house
so the deer miss out!

Rob - Va