homestead - Re: [Homestead] Feeling really stupid and old

  • From: KNat <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Feeling really stupid and old
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:26:41 -0500

Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:
We met my husband's parents for a vacation near a rails-to-trails park last
summer--I figured out it had been at least 20+ years since I had last been
on a real bicycle (an exercycle does not count). It took a couple days to
get my confidence to a normal level.
I, too, remember the glory days of my 10 speed, only I wasn't "all that," I
was "way cool." Where did those days go?
LOL
For me, it was a bike n barge in Netherlands with my MIL a few years ago, worrying if I was going to fall off a dike.
And my 10 speed was the top of the line! Umm, in 1965. Was that really 40+ years ago? My kids got me a mountain bike w 18 speeds for home after our trip. I use 3 of them. Same as I did on my 10 speed. Right all the way down for "uphill", both up for "regular", left all the way down for "speed." Tip- never use just the left brake- it locks the front wheel and causes jettison over handlebars.

Kathyann, who uses a cell phone but not the "extra features."