homestead - Re: [Homestead] Question About Pluots

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Question About Pluots
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 23:19:47 -0700

What you're looking for are Apriums. They are supposed to be more plum like in growing characteristics, the size of plums but more apricot in taste but still sweeter than apricots.

We are going to buy at least one of the Dapple Dandy pluots and aren't sure what the second tree will be. We've tried about 3 different ones so far and the Dapple Dandy (aka Dinosaur Eggs) are delicious!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Jones" <billj AT harborside.com>

A friend of mine has one. I've always wondered why I need to plant yet
another kind of fruit tree, but I have finally thought of a reason. In
this area, plums do splendidly but apricots are difficult.
Unfortunately, most plums don't dry so well, but apricots do. So it
would be great, for us, if the tree behaved like a plum and the fruit
tasted like an apricot. Maybe some of the catalog descriptions reflect
this.

Bill
S. Oregon coast