homestead - Re: [Homestead] Info on Snakes

  • From: NVW55V <r_s_banks AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Info on Snakes
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 02:08:48 -0700 (PDT)

This time of year, the ticks and chiggers will eat you
alive in east central MO. Never seemed to have that
problem in Ohio when I was there 30 years ago, maybe
it's different now. About the only cures for it are,
stay out of the woods, use lots of DEET, or take a
shower within an hour or two. Some people prescribe
frequent and copious garlic consumption but I can't
force myself to eat that much garlic, and I doubt its
effectiveness anyway.