homestead - Re: [Homestead] Intro and Hello from Kentucky!

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Intro and Hello from Kentucky!
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 10:21:35 -0700

At 5/26/2006 11:30 AM,Bill Jones wrote:
tonitime AT juno.com wrote:

> I have noticed little about actual homesteading since joining the
>list.....does it run in bunches between political news and views here??
>Hope so!
>Good growing to all - in whatever you do,
>Toni

Don't count on it. I've been around for about 5 years and believe me,
unseating Bush is a way bigger priority for our most vocal postors.
Tricking you into reading political ads IS the thrust of this list.

Bill

Hi Toni,
Depending on how well the week or day or month has been going I'm often amused by the "my party so it has to be right" attitude we see here.

As to the homestead content, start a conversation, ask a question or state an opinion about something to do with homesteading and things will get rolling.

Make the opinion political and it will roll in that direction too.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net
Washington state

Homestead advice-

Buy a house. If you have a house, buy land. Pay for the land with city jobs, prepare your family for a rural lifestyle, accumulate tools and skills. When the land is free of debt sell the city house and go make a good life.
-Gene GeRue