homestead - Re: [Homestead] Laundry

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Laundry
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 09:39:29 -0700

Sort of. During the winter, everyone hollers at night and I toss things in to wash just before going to bed and then, depending on the weather, either toss them in the dryer or hang them from the lines in the laundry room. Everyone runs to the laundryroom in the morning to get what they need. During the summer, with wind and heat, I hang them out at night and by 8, 9 at the latest, they are dry and everyone makes a run for the back deck where the clothes line is.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kathyann" <knat AT sprintmail.com>

We're laughing here and wondering if it's a homesteading thing (based on
our acquaintances.)
Do any of you have or need a "Laundry flag." We seem to have habit of
waiting until there is no alternative to do laundry, or own less clothes
or something. Anyway, we often bump into each other (communal living)
doing laundry in various versions of bathrobes and speak of flying a
flag outside to warn each other there is an inadequately clothed person
in the laundry room.
Is it a homestead thing to wash both/all your clothes at once?