homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sand plans

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sand plans
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 06:26:13 -0500

As one meanders down the flowchart, various decisions and paths emerge for which these external factors are a minimum influence. That has a lot to do with why we homestead.

You mentioned that you just bought life insurance, a prudent move for parents of children not yet able to support themselves. Homesteading might well be thought of as an ultimate insurance policy, a way to deal with those many essential items beyond our control in the greater economy but substantially in our control with a bit of land and a garden, more so with a woodlot.