homestead - [Homestead] Tvo post- Re: Spring mania, Apr '99

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Tvo post- Re: Spring mania, Apr '99
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 20:54:14 -0700

Sender note- .... I sure do miss him.

Rob

`````````
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 12:04:34 -0400
Sender: owner-homestead AT listserv.oit.unc.edu
From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT roanoke.infi.net>
To: homestead AT listserv.oit.unc.edu
Subject: Re: Spring mania

Gene GeRue wrote:

> >Bevanron wrote:
> >>
> >> So...what do y'all recommend? Gun or no gun?
> >
> >Pig.
> >
> >Holly ;-D
>

> Thank ATI I was only gone for four days. You guys would be in a melluva
> hess. Blowing off AK47s, wearing armor footwear, driving hens to the looney
> nests, warring on bug-eating spiders, next the bluebirds no doubt, for some
> crime of which they, too, are unaware.
>
> Stop focussing on killing and start focussing on coexisting. Manage your
> place so you are comfortable there. Use master plan, permaculture, few but
> effective fences, mowing, cleanliness, domestic animals to create the
> non-natural conditions you need until you overcome your fears.
>
> Okay, you can come out of the corner now.

>>>tvoivozhd---He-who-speaks-with-forked-tongue, save big red herring to drag
across path. The reason he now feels so secure when weaponless and surrounded
by fellow snakes with better teeth, is due to the Ferret Legger Project.

After Gene was discharged, the Catawba Primate Lab got in some giant
ferrets---mongeese?, mongooses?, anyway ferrets about the size of a beaver.
Here a poor snake is lunchmeat.

So when Gene complained to us privately about being unable to move around his
house and yard because of fellow invertebrates with longer fangs taking
possession, his desperate plight elicited warm feelings of sympathy and
concern
from our Herpetology department. After sleepless nights and long hours of
debate we decided on a plan of action, the Ferret Legger Project was born, and
once more the Royal Order of Poteen Knights rode out the sally port to save
the
day.

Since Zanoni is At-The-End-Of-The-Universe, and Gene lives in the low-rent
district, it took several days to fight our way to his side..

Fortunately we subscribe to "Know Your Depositor" (and he is really a bi-i-g
depositor), so we took Omar the Tentmaker along to fabricate trousers for
Gene.
He was already anaesthetized (beer, you know), so we didn't have to restrain
him while the decontamination team put them on, clamped the cuffs tightly to
each leg, and threw a couple very unhappy ferrets down inside the front as
they
tightened the belt.

The theory is that snakes will avoid hungry ferrets. Of course he could get
snakebit if the ferrets find something to eat----time will tell.