homestead - [Homestead] Hello from Missouri

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Hello from Missouri
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 14:52:31 -0700 (PDT)

I ran across this address when researching Ford 8N
tractors. Just to make sure I understand, is this a
group of Homesteaders who ask questions or debate
issures relating to a homestead lifestyle?.
I have recently moved from Phx Az back to rural
missouri. have 195 acres 100 wood 95 grassland
including a reclaimed coal mine. Bought a house in
town to live in till houses are built. One for wife
and I, one for son and his wife.
We are not sure what we are going to do. Once settled
will have livestock, gardens etc. May even try to
find a "niche" type of agriculture that son can make a
living at, so he doesn't have to spend all the time
away from home nursing.
Hope to make some new friends.
Van Dell Jordan.