homestead - [Homestead] Intro and Hello from Kentucky!

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Intro and Hello from Kentucky!
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 12:15:36 -0400

Greetings, the List!
I joined a little over a month ago, after seeing Don and Lynda's
posts here - and linking from Don's travel news.
My DH, daughters, and i live on a secluded farm in Eastern Kentucky
- and love it more than i even hoped for! We moved from central
California about 6 years ago. Our place is 40 acres, adjoining the
Daniel Boone Natl. Forest. We grow most of our own vegie matter, sell
produce, and give alot away. No livestock here.....maybe poultry one of
these years. Girls are 15 and 18 - have been homeschooled since leaving
CA. One is fledging the nest on a full 4-yr. scholarship to Berea
College in KY this summer (darn, she's my best field and kitchen hand!) -
and the other has chosen to go to public high this year ( and comes home
with 4.0 GPA!).
We preserve all our own foods, and live in an economically depressed area
of Central Appalachia that is as beautiful a place as any i havc ever
been in thru years of travels! Blessed we are :)
I'm heading for 52 and Dh is 60.......it took me a long time and a new
husband to get to our land. Now we are here, and i'd never go back away
from this hard-working lifestyle!
I have noticed little about actual homesteading since joining the
list.....does it run in bunches between political news and views here??
Hope so!
Good growing to all - in whatever you do,
Toni