homestead - [Homestead] Homesteading stuff, was digging up ancient history, http://www.grindstaffchronicles.com

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Homesteading stuff, was digging up ancient history, http://www.grindstaffchronicles.com
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 12:15:02 -0700

Watch out, he'll think you're from California. After all, there is a big conspiracy in CA to get him, dontcha know <g>

So, how's your weather. I am soooo tired of weird weather this year. We had sooooo much rain that we thought we'd float away and get a free vacation trip to Hawaii. Then we had snow for Easter. Next was instant summer with temps in the 80s and 90s. Now we have cold and rain.

Hey, but for some strange reason the fruit trees and grapes are loving it. Go figure!

There's a whole stand of wild crab apples on the road into town and they look like they are going to be a gold mine this year. The kidlet and I have checked all the jars and are ready and waiting for jelly time.

We lost a few Doug Fir this winter (water logged, heavy winds and they blew over) and DH is busy making fencing. He's got in over 300' of split rail so far and has 3 more trees to go.

Has anyone made rose hip tea? We also found a whole stand of rosa californica. What's the best way to cure the hips. I know the seeds can be a problem because of the "fur."

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>

I couldn't believe that he dug up a 6-month-old e-mail and is now accusing
me of luring him into reading the site. I surely don't give a damn what he
thinks about Bush or anything else -- but you know that. I wonder if he's
mentally unbalanced (or maybe just off his meds). He's not generally a
pleasant person, but he does contribute some homesteading info that's useful
from time to time.

Marie