homestead - [Homestead] Rain

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Rain
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 06:41:55 -0500

Marie, wishing that all this rain we're having in the Midwest could be
spread out over the summer

Here in south central Missouri we have had way more than percs in to recharge the aquifers and the springs. Our bridge now has very clean underlogs. California girl, Chris, does not at all like the thunderstorms, nor do Dax and Benny, who get as close as we allow once the rumbling begins.

Was it in Camelot that it only rained at night? In my crazier moments I fantasize that one day we will have the power of Zeus. I would like one to two inches per week, in three deliveries between the hours of ten pm and four am, nice, soft, penetrating rains.

I read that the Chinese recently caused a rain but it was a tiny shower compared to what we get here.