homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fiberglas tool handle slivers

  • From: "Wendy Gulliver" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fiberglas tool handle slivers
  • Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 15:31:44 -0400

Gene,
I've seen liquid "rubber" in a can. It is intended for dipping tool handles with the intent of making them electrically insulated, but it makes a nice comfortable grip too. We used it where I used to work. It think it is available at places that sell electricians supplies.

Wendy

Has anyone found a solution to the slivers in old fiberglas tool
handles? I have a shovel and a rake that require leather gloves to
protect one's hands. The slivers hurt like hell. I am wondering if
shellac might solve the problem.