homestead - Re: [Homestead] what can we do about water hemlock?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] what can we do about water hemlock?
  • Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 09:07:29 -0500

1) Term limits

I, too, once knee-jerked to the supposed solution of term limits. Consider the effects. Congressional staffers would wield even more power due to elected novices appearing each two or six years. Rich people would even more often buy beds in the DC Whorehouse. Large companies would groom and finance a succession of pseudo-employees.

The present seniority system is rife with rot but consider the alternative: no senator or congressman would ever gain expertise to work their way through the labyrinth of laws regarding legislation.

We await the revolution. And the beat goes on.