homestead - Re: [Homestead] what can we do?

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] what can we do?
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 12:41:48 -0700

abitcrazy wrote:

I am forwarding this to y'all because, in answer to "what can we do" this is a great movement...

arlene

*The Democratic Party*

Or at least a jowel movement.

You had it right. The dumocrats' biggest mistake --apart from presiding over permanent MFN status for an enemy state, aquiescing to every form of fascism imaginable, and standing idly by while a total commercial monopoly enveloped us-- was in shifting the way they viewed the rank-and-file American. In the '30s we were seen as victims of Big Business. Now the DumNatCom views us as _victimizers_: abusers of women, people of color, the environment, burger flippers, poor cuddly animals, etc.

Meanwhile the main "capitalism" they've eliminated is on the part of struggling individuals. That's because they bought into the wage-slave model 100%. It's perfectly fine with them if only a handful of people in my town conduct any "business" as long as everybody gets a check to save them and make them love the dumocrats more. All along we've still been victims, of lawyers, insurance companies, and the retail menace.

I don't know how to vote against the incumbent, since he won't be running. If that means blindly voting for the opposite party, for Lady Macbeth over McCain or Powell, I'll pass.

Bill