homestead - [Homestead] what can we do?

  • From: abitcrazy <abitcrazy AT cox.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] what can we do?
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 08:28:49 -0700

I am forwarding this to y'all because, in answer to "what can we do" this is a great movement...

arlene

*The Democratic Party*

Dear Arlene,

I wanted to pass along to you a few testimonials and photos from volunteers like you who were out in force this weekend:

*http://www.democrats.org/april29photos*

This past Saturday, in over 1,000 communities across the country, Democratic volunteers had over 1 million conversations with their neighbors about the future of our country. Our candidates for every level of office, both incumbents and challengers, joined experienced canvassers and first-time volunteers in an unprecedented day of national action.

Together we're doing something extraordinary -- integrating our party operations from the precinct level up, and using technology to open our party up to ordinary Americans who want to be part of the change we desperately need in this country.

If you took part in the canvass (or want to tell us why you didn't) please take the time to fill out this short survey:

*http://www.democrats.org/april29feedback*

Thank you, and stay tuned for the next big step in on the road to victory in 2006 and beyond.

Governor Howard Dean, M.D.

P.S. -- Below are few of the testimonials from volunteers that you'll find on the April 29th photos page:

*Virginia:* "It was great! We had 8 in all, four seasoned canvassers
and four college students who had not canvassed before. We paired up
and had a great experience. Got some names of interested volunteers
and generally felt we had pretty good results for a mostly
Republican area."

*North Carolina:* "We had 6 volunteers cover many of the streets in
our precinct. I am the Precinct chair, we got organized in 2005, and
this is a great leap forward in building our precinct committee.
With the voter stats from the walk list, we will be able to tell if
our efforts made a difference street by street. I put together a
local flyer with a sample of the ballot we will use on Tuesday's
election, and which candidates got endorsements from the local
progressive groups. Many of the people we talked with were
appreciative, and will be using our guideline at the polls."

*Ohio:* "Today was a huge success. Targeted precincts were
canvassed. Hundreds of Dems were touched personally for the first
time in years and dozens of those signed up to volunteer efforts for
the coming Election season. Watch us grow in Southwest Ohio!"

You can read more here:

*http://www.democrats.org/april29photos*

Paid for and authorized by the Democratic National Committee, www.democrats.org <http://www.democrats.org/>.
This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

*Democratic National Committee, 430 S. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC 20003*

Contributions or gifts to the Democratic National Committee are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.