homestead - [Homestead] Chico, CA

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Chico, CA
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:39:42 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

I am currently in Chico, CA. I pulled in this morning and parked then went
looking for a grocery store. I found a very nice and interesting town
instead. There are several neat neighborhoods of nice teens, 20s, and 30s
era bungalows in good repair and few modifications. The downtown has several
shops including a Tower Records magazine rack. I always look for a Time
magazine and they had it there.

Down the street was one of the best used book stores I have seen in many
years. There is no way someone could not find something of interest there.
I had to leave before my tall pile of books outgrew my small pile of cash. I
found a good little food Co-op with several beers from the local craft beer
scene. And they carried my favorite, Stone Brewing. Then I went to the
Safeway and found Belgium Brewing Fat Tire Ale and Skinny Dipping Ale. I
guess I get to stock up before I leave herer

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up
http://www.braingarage.com

My travel journal