homestead - [Homestead] Planting apple trees...Interrupting the regularly scheduled programming to ask a homesteading question...

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Planting apple trees...Interrupting the regularly scheduled programming to ask a homesteading question...
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 22:00:02 -0500

As you know, if you've been keeping track of list e-mails, I've planted a
number of apple trees. Various sources suggest that to protect young trees
they should be painted with white or light-colored interior latex paint.

Yesterday, I wandered into an Ace and found only glossy acrylic interior
latex paint. Can I use that stuff on my trees? It has nearly killed me to
plant them (though the long-handled shovel was worth every penny I paid for
it), so I don't want to do anything that might damage my darlings.

Marie