homestead - [Homestead] Real estate market in balance

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: "homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Real estate market in balance
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:37:48 -0500

Thank goodness; perhaps, finally, we will stop being battered with B.S. bubble babbling.

Supply and Demand Nearly Balanced In Overall U.S. Housing Market for First Time Since 1998

RISMEDIA, April 7, 2006­For the first time in eight years, the overall U.S. housing market is experiencing a rare balance between home buyer demand and home seller supply, according to HouseHunt’s latest “Current Market Conditions” quarterly survey.

Only 45% of respondents reported more buyers than sellers, compared to a 61%-39% ratio six months ago. Thirty-one percent reported more sellers than buyers; the remaining 24% said their markets are almost evenly divided. In the South, the Midwest, the Northeast and in California, the buyer-seller ratio closely matches the national figures.

National survey results from HouseHunt member agents in 47 states mirrors the latest monthly sales activity reported by the National Association of Realtors (NAR), which estimated the nation’s supply of unsold homes at 5.3 months for both January and February. An inventory of 5.5 to 6.0 months is considered a balanced market between buyers and sellers.

“The last time we experienced a balanced housing market was in January, 1998, when we had a 6.4 month supply of unsold homes,” said Walt Molony, a NAR spokesperson. “The record for the lowest inventory was in January of 2005, when we reported a 3.7 month supply.”

The full article is at:
http://www.rismedia.com/index.php/article/articleview/14117/1/1/