homestead - Re: [Homestead] [bcc][faked-from] asparagus farmer

  • From: "Clint L. Novak" <CNovak AT CNS.COM>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] [bcc][faked-from] asparagus farmer
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:51:09 -0500

Hi Rose, I'd like to express interest in what you do as well. We're an
awful long way from homesteading at this point, but the more I can find
out, the better prepared I will be. I'd like to hear more about your
operation.

Thanks

Clint

Hi !!

My name is Rose. I am an asparagus farmer. Are there any asparagus
farmers here. Also I was wonder why more farmers do not grow asparagus.
I have been doing so for 8 years with little problems. Easy to grow
really. And you dont have to plant every year. Brings us in a nice
profit with minimal labor. I sell big asp roots to other farmers
expanding or just getting started plus home gardeners. I harvest for 8
weeks early Spring and that is already sold to select restraunts. Out of
the field, on to a truck = job done.

I am happy to be with the group. Hope I get some feed back on this
topic.

Sincerely,
Rose StinknRose AT asparagusgardener.com

photos: http://www.asparagusgardener.com