homestead - Re: [Homestead] DC Whorehouse criminal update, 11/28/05

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] DC Whorehouse criminal update, 11/28/05
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:40:01 -0800

At 11/28/2005, you wrote:

Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham (R-Calif.) pleaded guilty today to fraud,
conspiracy to commit bribery and tax evasion. Shortly after entering his
plea, Cunningham announced that he is immediately resigning his seat,
though he had already announced that he would not seek reelection next year.
According to The Associated Press, Cunningham admitted "he took $2.4
million in bribes to steer defense contracts to conspirators." He is
scheduled to be sentenced on Feb. 27. FindLaw.com has copies of the charges
filed against Cunningham and his plea agreement.

That was all the news outside the city pension fund scandal when I left here last spring. It started when it was found out that one of his favorite defense contractors paid $750,000 over market for his house. Then there was the bit about living rent free on the same defense contractors Yacht. It went on and on.

I lived in his district but had sense enough to have never voted for him. I also joined anti-war demonstrators out side his Escondido office. Now if we could get rid of Hunder and Issa as easily.
Don Bowen
http://www.braingarage.com