homestead - Re: [Homestead] Journey Of Man

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Journey Of Man
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:38:07 -0800

At 11/15/2005 07:29 AM, Bill wrote:
The other night I saw a new show on Spencer Wells's work on the
evolution of y-chromosomal DNA.

I found this webpage that summarizes the journey of our forefathers in a
map. If Etruscans were originally Middle Eastern, it would be through
the line into Asia Minor marked in blue on the map. Apparently northern
Europeans really did really all once live in "mother Russia" after
having crossed the Urals 30,000 years ago.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/04/14/journeyOfMan2,0.jpg

When I first saw the program on the Discovery channel I was amazed at what he was able to do. I have a feeling that this is one of those great finds of all time.
I am really impressed at how different we all are after (just) 50k years.
Thanks for passing the map on

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA