homestead - Re: [Homestead] metal homes

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] metal homes
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 13:01:07 -0500

At 11/12/2005, you wrote:
Who knows what ideas could be developed with modern
> materials and techniques.

I am very glad to see this last sentence, Don. "Who knows" is the best question I've heard since
the tsunami.

The trouble with modern materials and techniques is that they are expensive to develop. Few of us have the reputation of Bucky Fuller. I would like to see someone of that stature delve into the field again but housing is so dominated by single point suppliers and innovation stifling building codes that I suspect it will have to be someone more the stature the builders in the "Home Work" book. A perfect task for a homesteader in a no building code area.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up

My travel journal

My present location is the star on the map in the link below
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=35.588269&longitude=-82.629132