homestead - Re: [Homestead] metal homes

  • From: Dick Fischbeck <dick_fischbeck AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] metal homes
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 06:12:36 -0800 (PST)

> From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
> Subject: Re: [Homestead] metal homes

> What you should have said is that you are focused on emergency shelter. I
> thought you were asking your questions from a homesteading point of view. I
> have no knowledge of what works best in case of disaster. My focus is on
> good homes for people living homesteading lives.

A few days ago, I did write:

"Is anyone building metal structures, either domes or cylinders or anything?
Quonset huts are an old solution to deployable cheap long-lasting shelters
and that is the subject I am investigating.
What is the next step in shelter after tarps and tents??"

http://farechase.yahoo.com