homestead - Re: [Homestead] Building height- was Metal buildings and Ozark land prices.

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Building height- was Metal buildings and Ozark land prices.
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 07:59:08 -0500

At 11/8/2005, you wrote:

With 14' to the rafters you could put a vehicle lift in and raise a
vehicle to it's full height. FWIW lifts are not real expensive anymore.

Look at my journal for the first week of October. There you will see a car on a two post offset lift. He paid something like $1600 for it but he bought one that had been ordered but not paid for. The advantage of the offset lift is that the car is moved back away from the posts so it is easy to open doors.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up

My travel journal

My present location is the star on the map in the link below
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=35.588269&longitude=-82.629132