homestead - Re: [Homestead] land prices!

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] land prices!
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 07:55:22 -0500

At 11/8/2005, you wrote:
Rapid real estate depreciation historically occurs when there is a large
increase in unemployment, interest rates rise rapidly, population decreases
quickly and substantially. Are any of these conditions likely in your area?

One thing I read recently coupled rising interest rates, reduction of house price increases, and stagnant incomes. This implies that homeowners are not so able to pull equity out of the homes. This in turn leads to layoffs in the mortgage and home construction fields.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up

My travel journal

My present location is the star on the map in the link below
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=35.588269&longitude=-82.629132