homestead - Re: [Homestead] Building height- was Metal buildings and Ozark land prices.

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Building height- was Metal buildings and Ozark land prices.
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 17:47:17 -0800

At 11/8/2005 12:01 PM, you wrote:

>Gene, . . . . I am curious on why you want the 14
>foot height.

Since I wrote that I measured the backhoe and only need twelve feet height
for entry. But I like the higher door as this type building typically does
not have windows and opening a bigger door lets in more light. The greater
the distance from the slab to the bottom of the trusses allows the ability
to swing long pieces of anything.

With 14' to the rafters you could put a vehicle lift in and raise a vehicle to it's full height. FWIW lifts are not real expensive anymore.
A shop with lot's of head room is a fine idea, who knows what you'll try to do in your shop in the future? That a homestead shop can be a center of self support was a constant point Tvo made. Give yourself the room when it's easy.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA