homestead - Re: [Homestead] Metal buildings and Ozark land prices.

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Metal buildings and Ozark land prices.
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 14:01:26 -0600

Gene, . . . . I am curious on why you want the 14
foot height.

Since I wrote that I measured the backhoe and only need twelve feet height for entry. But I like the higher door as this type building typically does not have windows and opening a bigger door lets in more light. The greater the distance from the slab to the bottom of the trusses allows the ability to swing long pieces of anything. A second floor may be built at the back eight feet or so, with seven feet headroom at the slab.

My thought is to build some lower level rooms and use the
upper section for storage bins(and we have a LOT). Are you considering
any minimal plumbing, say for a toilet?

Nah, here in my part of the Ozarks, the world is my toilet.