homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wind powered beer

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wind powered beer
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 07:48:51 -0600

Here in Asheville there are several breweries with excellent
products. Highland is one of the better ones, the French Broad brewery has some interesting beers, and Jack-of-the-Woods makes an excellent Green Man Ale. I like this place for many reasons.

A beer-lovin' man's gotta go where the suds are soothing. Of course, today, beyond home-brew, building one's own micro-brewery is doable and a good potential business in more enlightened places. My local brewer here has now sold his business and is retired on the profits. He built it from scratch and only brewed for about seven years.