homestead - Re: [Homestead] archives search

  • From: Dick Fischbeck <dick_fischbeck AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] archives search
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 14:57:42 -0800 (PST)

> Did you have a specific question? Lots of folks here with good answers
> almost anything related to homesteading.
>
> Some of them think they know most everything about everything--don't take
> anything outside the homestead realm seriously. Mostly it's just puffery.

I wanted to search before I asked any questions so as to save time. Okay,
I'll ask...

Is anyone build metal structures, either domes or cylinders or anything?
Quonset huts are an old
solution to deployable cheap long-lasting shelters and that is the subject I
am investigating.
What is the next step in shelter after tarps and tents??

I get almost a half a million hits on quonset. There must be some new
developments in the field. I
recently saw pictures of corrugated metal decking for subs for example.

http://mail.yahoo.com