homestead - Re: [Homestead] N.E. states are declaring war on harmful non-native plants - The Boston Globe

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] N.E. states are declaring war on harmful non-native plants - The Boston Globe
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:36:17 -0500

I have long wanted to have a construction bamboo grove and have the ideal place for it. But I have not yet figured out how to ensure that it stays on my property. Does anyone know of a construction bamboo that is non-invasive?

The problem with invasives is
that people are just plain lazy or just plain stupid. They plant bamboo
because it is such a pretty little plant in that cute little Oriental dish.
Then they wring their hands and cry "woe is me, whatever shall I do" when
the damn stuff takes over the whole neighborhood and their neighbors are
threatening to shoot them.