homestead - Re: [Homestead] two americas

  • From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] two americas
  • Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:58:29 -0600

I am starting to believe that the leaders in power are trying to sabotage
America; I just can't believe that a group of supposed intelligent people
could really be so common-sense stupid.

As for the two Americas I think it is bunk. Here in Utah there are a good
number of poor. We have many Mexicans, probably many illegal, who are very
poor, and many white folk who are also poor, but I honestly don't think the
chaos that is happening in New Orleans would happen here. I don't think it
would have happened in rural Kentucky either. I think what is going on
with the "poor" in New Orleans doesn't really have to do with being poor at
all. I think it has to do with anger and the mindset that someone owes
them something. I think it has to do with poor leadership and
organization. I think it has to do with lack of preparation for natural
disasters.

The article stated that in Cuba "the whole civil defense is embedded in the
community to begin with. People know ahead of time where they are to go."
There is organization *ahead* of time, so that when disaster strikes they
already *know* what to do. That is what leadership is all about: preparing
for problems *before* they happen, not bemoaning the fact that it *has*
happened.

Our Constitution states that the Federal government's job is promote the
general welfare. Have you ever stopped to wonder what would happen if
there was a nuclear/biological battle in the USA? A few years ago the feds
told us to simply put plastic and duct tape around our windows. Do you
believe it would help? Why are they spending so much money on "homeland
security" to search old ladies and young children and yet they leave: the
borders unprotected, citizen's without adequate shelter/protection in case
of biologic/nuclear war, and inadequate numbers of soldiers here at home to
protect us in case of enemy invasion or natural disasters?

While on the subject of sabotage, what about two new laws that were passed
recently and go into effect in, I believe, October. The first law makes it
more difficult to declare bankruptcy:
http://www.nolo.com/resource.cfm/catID/462A9501-9B21-4E09-A08C5A7B8AF51A79/2
13/161/

http://www.craigslist.com/pen/lgs/93582543.html

and the second states that the minimum payment on a credit card must be at
least 4% of the balance
(http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Banking/creditcardsmarts/P117014.asp),
which is double what it has been. What happens to the poor schmucks who
have a hard time only paying the 2% of the balance and in the future won't
be able to get out of the financial distress that has been thrust upon them
by the feds?

There is some sort of deliberate sabotage happening in the US. Either the
leaders that are being voted in are idiots, or they are intelligent enough
to make everything simply look like an accident. Either way America is
pretty messed up.

Best wishes,
Melody