homestead - Re: [Homestead] house selling ?

  • From: Lisa Perry <lkvp AT floydva.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] house selling ?
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:25:35 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:

Everything I read says the Florida market is as hot as the Phoenix/Scottsdale market. I dislike it. Multiple offers, multiple counteroffers. I hope the Florida Association of Realtors stresses buyer loan qualification proof as much as we do here.

My cousin's wife has been a Realtor for the last 14 years in the Washington DC market. I saw her recently at a family funeral and she mentioned that she just quit the business because the market was so crazy with everything you just mentioned. She said it made it hard to get a solid contract for her clients. I think she was just worn out--but she also has two sons (and my cousin), and all three play hockey year-round and that also had something to do with it.

Lisa