homestead - Re: [Homestead] OT ?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] OT ?
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:17:15 -0700

Very fiction cleverly designed as factual. Hmmmmm. Sounds familiar.
There was another best seller witten in the early fourth century that fits that
description.

The all-time best seller, in its various offerings.

Lots of fiction out there that large numbers of people take as fact. The old adage, "the victors write the history" tells the tale. I have long been impressed by the human acceptance of truth verification by numbers. My tribe/group/membership is larger than yours, therefore my truth is the truth and your truth is not true. Humans will have become semi-civilized when it is largely accepted that there are many truths.