homestead - Re: [Homestead] Body armor truth now coming out

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Body armor truth now coming out
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 18:15:33 -0700

Ever wonder if those in control are just idiots or plain trying to make
America the losers?

No, I don't ever think that. I do think that the Pentagon is top heavy and buried in bureaucracy. I also think that presidents with inadequate experience are the weak link in our military chain of command. Unless we are attacked, generals should be given the mission and allowed to make adequate preparations. The Iraq invasion was not time sensitive except for the political agenda. Tommy Franks did the best he could do with the time he had.

Here is a quote from Bob Woodward's book, Plan of Attack:

"In his semi-professional voice Rumsfeld explained to Bush that the process of drafting war plans was so complex that it took years." The date was November 21, 2001.

Bush ordered the war begun sixteen months later.