homestead - [Homestead] 19 days and counting

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] 19 days and counting
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 13:13:25 -0800

Time is running out. The home inspector is here today and the termite inspector will be here tomorrow. Tuesday is when the septic gets pumped. I am guessing 19 days as they have not given us a date for the closing.

I washed the trailer and cleaned the junk off the slide. When it dries it will be pulled inside. If the ground dries enough today and tomorrow I will be pulling the trailer out front where I can complete some things and finish packing. I have milk crates all over the shop and as I pick up a tool I saw "this one to storage" or "this one to the big box" or "this one to one of the smaller boxes".

The big box will ride in the back of the pickup. Ths big box is here:
http://www.braingarage.com/Dons/Travels/images/Cruise%20box%20open.jpg

Other boxes are here:
http://www.braingarage.com/Dons/Travels/boxes.html

I could not fins another wheeled box that I like so I found some long plastic boxes at Sears on sale that will do nicely. I need to get one more.

I am trying to decide what to take with me. There is the weight issue that I need to keep in mind. So to help me decide what tools to take let me know what projects you would like to see done. I am looking for the type of projects people are thinking about.

I will even throw in a six pack of Red Trolley Ale along with the Stone Brew stuff for Gene.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com