homestead - Re: [Homestead] We accepted the offer

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] We accepted the offer
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 21:57:35 -0800

At 1/3/2005, you wrote:
Don - happy for you! What a dandy way to start the New Year!
BTW - my husband and I, when Quartzite was just another wide spot, were married
there by the same old Justice of the Peace who had married my in-laws forty years
before. We had to roust the town's only deputy out of bed to be our witness!
Loooong time ago -

Today the population of Quartzite is something near a million. In 6 months it will be 2000. Every winter people come from up north to spend the winter on free BLM land then all vanish before the summer heat. I hope to catch the huge swap meet there.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com