homestead - RE: [Homestead] Woodburning boiler

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Woodburning boiler
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:32:08 -0600

<<Could deposits from hard water have settled as it sat and plugged the leak
for now?>>

Yes. Or cracks could have rusted closed. I put in another long day at work
(i.e., no daylight on either end of the day), so I haven't checked the water
level. If it's rust or deposits, it will probably take a few days of heating
and cooling for the crack, or whatever, to open up.

Marie