homestead - Re: [Homestead] Goat Problems

  • From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Goat Problems
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 15:16:14 -0700

At 05:01 PM 1/3/05 -0500, you wrote:
>> Thanks for your response. My reply is down below.
>
>You are welcome. I thought Marie had it pretty well too.

She did. So did Lynda and Rob. I appreciate you all taking time to respond.

>Sorry you may have to butcher him. Although we've eaten some of our friends
>and it is ok.
>
>Denise

Yeah, I suppose. I'm afraid that we haven't used our animals very well in
the past and have just made them pets (though not treating them like
people) in the past. My family would still rather take him to the auction
and use the money we sell him for to buy meat. :-) I just don't think we'd
get cleaner meat at the grocery. No antibiotics or hormones with our
animals. Our animals are 100% drug free! LOL

Best wishes,
Melody