homestead - Re: [Homestead] Woodburning boiler

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Woodburning boiler
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 20:11:57 -0800

At 1/2/2005 06:43 PM, you wrote:
This is more a scream in the dark than a request for help -- but if anyone
has suggestions, feel free to offer them.

Last winter my outside woodburning boiler began to leak, first a trickle and
then a stream. Since we were reaching the end of the heating season, I shut
it down and made do with space heaters, thinking that over the summer I'd
get a welder out here to fix the water tank.

There was no leakage over night. So today, figuring that heat would separate
whatever cracks were causing the leakage, I heated up the water. Temps are
above 200 Fahrenheit and no leaks are yet apparent.

I'd duplicate the conditions where it leaked before, crank it up and watch it.
Could it be an outlet pipe that's spraying water to where it's showing up?

Rob

becidawa AT hctc.com
Now in western Washington, USA