homestead - Re: [Homestead] H ome Business, odd one

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] H ome Business, odd one
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 12:31:37 -0700

---so she bought me a three-piece pillow set you heat in a microwave. One a contoured one you drape over the feet, two are mittens for the hands. Contents basically flaxseed and an herbal mix. . . .The woman who makes and sells them rents a kiosk inside a shopping mall for four months each year before Christmas. . . . nets about $50,000 each of the past several years---with no equipment cost other than cutting patterns and a sewing machine---doubt she even owns a clicker press.

We have two of such items which even now I am using to comfort my lower back from a stupid attempt to touch my toes. Not sure if the contents are flax seed or something else. These were made by our neighbor back home in the Zarks. The design limitation is that forty seconds in the microwave only produces about fifteen minutes of heat to the body. More seeds inside would no doubt be better, and perhaps a double layer of flannel.

Reminds one of the old hot water bottles used in a similar fashion. For cold feet, consider a hot water bottle below and a solar blanket above. And there is red pepper powder inside the socks.

Surprised he has not yet invented a machine of a thousand parts to do the
same.