fingerlakespermaculture - October volunteer days at the Permaculture Park

  • From: "Chrys B. Gardener" <cab69 AT cornell.edu>
  • To: "Fingerlakes Permaculture List (fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org) (fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org)" <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: October volunteer days at the Permaculture Park
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 19:08:43 +0000

Learn how to build raised beds and herb spirals!
@ Volunteer Days at the Permaculture Park (aka Conley Park) in the Northside neighborhood)

Thursday Oct 15, 4-7pm

Thursday Oct 22, 4-6pm

Saturday Oct 24, 12-4pm

After a successful crowdfunding campaign through Ioby, the Get2gether Neighborhood Challenge Winner and the Center for the New American Dream, staff at CCE Tompkins are organizing multiple volunteer days at the Permaculture Park (aka Conley Park) in the Northside neighborhood to install raised beds, herb spirals and to help prepare the park to 'sleep' for the winter. We would love to have you join us!

The Permaculture Park Project in Ithaca, NY is a neighborhood shared green space along the Cascadilla Creek in Ithaca's Northside community. The Park is a community effort which demonstrates ecologically sound landscaping practices in a public setting featuring a wide array of native and lesser known edible plants free for anyone to enjoy.

We are hoping to expand this project into more spaces and parks in Ithaca and Tompkins County. If you and your community are interested, we would be happy to consult with you and help guide you through the process of gaining permission from the city Parks Commission, securing donations of fruit trees and bushes, and organizing volunteers to plant and maintain. For more information or questions, email Chrys Gardener at  cab69 AT cornell.edu

Chrys Gardener
Commercial/Community Horticulture Educator
Cornell Cooperative Extension - Tompkins County
615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca NY 14850
(607)272-2292, extension 241
www.ccetompkins.org

  • October volunteer days at the Permaculture Park, Chrys B. Gardener, 09/15/2015