fingerlakespermaculture - Fixers Collective... an idea for Ithaca...?

  • From: "Michael Burns" <michael AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Fixers Collective... an idea for Ithaca...?
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 11:08:36 -0500

From: "Marian Brown" <mbrown AT ithaca.edu>

I noted this on the Center for a New American Dream e-newsletter today....
I LOVE this idea of a "fixers collective"... where people bring their
"tired, their poor, their huddled masses yearning to" be repaired....

http://www.newdream.org/blog/fixers-collective

Is this something we could do here....? We do have some specialized
repair groups locally, like RIBS for bikes and the Computer
All-Stars/Finger Lakes ReUse for computers... but it would be great to
have a place where folks who know how to rewire old lamps, or fix that
finicky toaster, or what-have-you could assemble and fix one another's
stuff and keep it in service....

Whaddaya think....? Perhaps this is something the Ludgate's working
group could consider....?

Marian Brown

###
http://FLXpermaculture.Net
###
Earn your Permaculture Design Certificate
with the Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org
###

  • Fixers Collective... an idea for Ithaca...?, Michael Burns, 01/24/2012