fingerlakespermaculture - Genesee Valley/Rochester Permaculture Meetup and Potluck - Sunday, 1/8

  • From: "patty love/Barefoot Permaculture" <patty AT barefootpermaculture.com>
  • To: <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Genesee Valley/Rochester Permaculture Meetup and Potluck - Sunday, 1/8
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 12:42:02 -0500

Genesee Valley/Rochester Permaculture is a community-created meetup that supports the learning, sharing, and growth of permaculture in the region. All members of the meetup group are welcome to suggest ideas for our meetups and facilitate these monthly meetings.

***Due to a life-threatening nut allergy in the home, we ask that all dishes to share are nut-free, please and thank you.***

Imagine using permaculture techniques and skills to create a resilient and TRULY sustainable human landscape. As we face energy, climate and economic challenges, permaculture offers one of the best "tool kits" for moving in a positive and productive direction: resilient communities full of creative abundance. Wherever you are and whatever you are doing, there is some part of permaculture that will make sense for your life and your relationship to the landscape where you live and work. Join us.

We cover topics such as (but not limited to) edible landscapes, gardening, farming, renewable energy, green building, local currency, rainwater harvesting, composting, mushrooms, local food, forest gardening, herbalism, "green" living, sustainable economic systems, conservation, community-building, relocalization, transition towns, and more!

January's main topic is seeds - seed types, local sources, seed exchange, seed envelope making, and the opportunity for group ordering.  Let's talk about starting a local seed bank.  If you have some seeds to share, please bring them to trade.  Also, bring sheets of scrap paper to make envelopes.

Join Meetup group for time and location:  http://www.meetup.com/RochesterPermaculture/

Warmly,

patty love, Owner

Barefoot Edible Landscape & Permaculture

patty AT barefootpermaculture.com

www.barefootpermaculture.com

Program Director
Rochester Permaculture Center

www.rochesterpermaculturecenter.org

patty AT barefootpermaculture.com

http://www.meetup.com/RochesterPermaculture/

585.506.6505

PO Box 18212

Rochester, NY 14618

My life's purpose is gathering and sharing resources and information that regenerate my own and others' abundant existence and vibrant well-being.

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought."  ~ Albert Szent-Giorgi, Nobel Laureate

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" ~ Mary Oliver

  • Genesee Valley/Rochester Permaculture Meetup and Potluck - Sunday, 1/8, patty love/Barefoot Permaculture, 01/01/2012