desertcity - [DesertCity] [Fwd: Carrboro Poetry Festival in one week]

desertcity AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Desert City Poetry Series

  • From: Ken Rumble <rumblek AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Desert City List <desertcity AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [DesertCity] [Fwd: Carrboro Poetry Festival in one week]
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 20:02:01 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Cpf-announce] Carrboro Poetry Festival in one week
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 12:47:43 -0400
From: cpf-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
To: <cpf-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>

The second annual Carrboro International Poetry Festival, to be held at the Century Center in downtown Carrboro, NC, starts in exactly one week on Saturday May 21. Admission is free.

This year's festival, like last year's, will feature 40 poets from the US, Canada, and Mexico. The mix of poets includes renowned poets from outside of North Carolina along with some of North Carolina's finest poets, including a large contingent from the Triangle.

In the coming days the schedule of readers will be posted to the website. (http://carrboropoetryfestival.org/) All of the poets' biographies are up on the site already. The festival website also contains all the travel information you'll need, from a comprehensive listing of local accomodations to directions and parking maps. We even have mp3s of readings from last year's event.

If you are in North Carolina, please keep an eye out for articles about the event in The Chapel Hill News (tomorrow), The Independent (Wednesday), and the Raleigh News & Observer (Friday).

Please come to the festival. The hundreds that turned out to last year's free event displayed an enthusiasm about poetry in a way I've frankly never seen before. I've tried my best to make it entertaining, fresh, and surprising. I expect to see more of that same energy and excitement, as I have worked to make the festival better--not bigger--but better.

I hope to see you next Saturday.

Carrboro International Poetry Festival
Carrboro Century Center
100 N. Greensboro St, Carrboro, NC