corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] The dating of Galatians with respect to I Corinthians

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Richard Fellows <rfellows AT shaw.ca>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] The dating of Galatians with respect to I Corinthians
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 22:54:15 -0700

Also take a look at Stephen Carlson's ideas about the textual variant at Gal
2:12 on his Blog of 18th Sept:

http://www.hypotyposeis.org/weblog/2006/09/textual-criticism-and-antioch-inc
ident.html

He offers the possibility that the people from James (Gal 2:11) came to
Antioch BEFORE Paul went to Jerusalem (Gal 2:1-10). This suggests that they
can be equated with those from Judea in Acts 15:1, and would add weight to
the Gal 2:1-10 = Acts 15 equation. I would be interested to read listers'
thoughts on Stephen's proposal.

Richard.