corpus-paul - 1 Cor 15:10

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Craig de Vos <csdevos AT trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
  • To: Corpus Paulinum <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: 1 Cor 15:10
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 15:15:04 +1000

Dear Colleagues,
In working through 1 Cor in preparation for my classes on it this semester I was struck by the wording of 1 Cor 15:10a (CARITI DE QEOU EIMI HO EIMI). This seems quite striking -- akin to the divine claim in Ex 3:14 (as a direct translation from the Hebrew rather than from the LXX) -- but it is not really touched by the major commentaries (e.g., Barrett, Conzelmann, Fee). I was wondering what others make of it?

Craig