corpus-paul - Re: beginner's guide II: PISTIS CRISTOU in Galatians

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Brian Peterson" <BPeterson AT ltss.edu>
  • To: corpus-paul
  • Subject: Re: beginner's guide II: PISTIS CRISTOU in Galatians
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 16:43:1

On 05/28/99, "Jonathan Ryder <jpr1001 AT cam.ac.uk>" wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> Following on from my earlier request for a beginner's guide to 'new
> perspective' (thanks again for responses) here's another request for a
> beginner's guide - this time 'PISTIS CRISTOU in Galatians':
>
> Given the enormous amount written on this topic, could someone suggest
> one or two articles/sections from (text)books
> introducing/summarizing/surveying the debate.

I would suggest the two essays by Hays and Dunn in _Pauline Theology Vol.
IV_ (Scholars Press, 1997). Hays' article does focus quite a bit on Romans
(sorry, but I guess he's covered Galatians elsewhere!), but the two pieces
are stimulating and in direct conversation with one another. I used them
last fall in a NT theology course, and they seemed to give the students a
good sense of the issues involved.