corpus-paul - Re: C-P Summer Reading

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Frank W. Hughes" <fwhughes AT sunbeach.net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: C-P Summer Reading
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 18:24:22 -0300

Edgar Krentz wrote:
I hope some one will take on him/herself the laborious task of compiling a
complete list of the recommended CV-P summer reading. It might function as a kind of "required reading list" for graduate seminars on Paul.
I wonder if we could have some sort of "master bibliography" for Pauline studies that could be part of the Corpus Paulinum website.  Maybe someone could compile a list of the 50 or 100 most important books in Pauline studies.  (Maybe someone already has such a list on their webpage -- I think Bob Kraft mentioned a bibliography.)

I have found the bibliographies in the various volumes of Pauline Theology very useful.  When I got to this college a year and a half ago, I found Raymond Brown's Introduction to be extremely useful for me as I ordered books for the library.  I have also printed up the list that Ed Krentz compiled and is on the LSTC website as a recommended list for my students.

Still haven't done my next installment on 2 Thessalonians history of scholarship for a C-P posting, but haven't forgotten it.

All best,
Frank W. Hughes
Codrington College
Barbados