corpus-paul - Re: corpus-paul digest: May 06, 1999

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Edgar Krentz <ekrentz AT lstc.edu>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: corpus-paul digest: May 06, 1999
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 09:37:38 -0500

>gds AT dor.kaiser.org wrote:
>
>> Folks:
>>
>> I am doing a summer intensive course on general hermeneutics. Does
>> anybody know of any books/essays/articles that track a specific text
>> and its interpretation through it's major exegetical phases, i.e.,
>> through the centuries? All I need is a few passages that are tracked
>> in this way to show some of the ways "reader response" has always been
>> with us, though the criticism has not. I'm an OT person by trade, but
>> this is an OT/NT course, so it can be either way. Years ago, I think
>> I remember I.H. Marshall or somebody doing something like this
>> somewhere with Luke 15. But, I'm looking for any comprehensive
>> dealing with a text or two.

Jeffrey Gibson referred to Ulrich Luz's commentary on Matthew. It is a 3
vol set in the Evangelisch-Katholischer Kommentar zum Neuen Testament, All
these volumes in this series trace the Wirkukngsgeschichtee of these books,
e.g. Wilken's on Romans, Schweizer on Colossians, Schrage on 1
Corinthians. Of course, the depth of their treatments varies.

The plan for this series was described in a series of Vorarbeiten (some 5
vols.), which are worth consulting on method.

Edgar Krentz
Professor of New Testament Emeritus
Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago
1100 E. 55th Street